Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Animaniacs is an American animated series, distributed and produced by Warner Bros. Family Entertainment. The cartoon was the second animated series produced by the collaboration of Warner Bros. Animation and Steven Spielberg during the Animation Renaissance of the early 1990s. The studio's first series, Tiny Toon Adventures, was a success among younger viewers, and attracted a sizable number of adult viewers. The Animaniacs writers and animators, led by senior producer, Tom Ruegger, used the experience gained from the previous series to create new animated characters that were cast in the mold of Tom Ruegger's creations.
The comedy of Animaniacs was a broad mix of old-fashioned wit, slapstick, pop culture references, cartoon violence, and wackiness. The show featured a number of comedic educational segments that covered subjects such as history, mathematics, geography, astronomy science, and social studies, often in musical form. Animaniacs itself was a variety show, with short skits featuring a large cast of characters. While the show had no set format, episode structure varied to suit the needs of the segments included; the majority of episodes were composed of three short mini-episodes, each starring a different set of characters, and bridging segments.
Animaniacs aired on Fox Kids from 1993 to 1995 and on Kids' WB! from the years 1995 to 2000. It was also aired on Nickelodeon, Nicktoons Network, Cartoon Network, Boomerang,and, The HUB Network in syndication.
The Warner siblings and the other characters live in Burbank, California. However, characters from the series have episodes in various places and periods of time. The Animaniacs characters interact with famous persons and creators of the past and present as well as mythological characters and characters from modern television. Andrea Romano, the voice director and caster for Animaniacs, said that the Warner siblings functioned to "tie the show together," by appearing in and introducing other characters' segments. Each Animaniacs episode usually consisted of two or three cartoon shorts. Animaniacs segments ranged in time, from bridging segments less than a minute long to episodes spanning the entire show length; writer Peter Hastings said that the varying episode lengths gave the show a "sketch comedy" atmosphere. They currently reside, having been locked up, in the Warner Bros. trademark water tower.
- List of Animaniacs Episodes
- The series aired on September 13,1993 and ended on November 14,1998. Animaniacs had a total of 99 episodes and a direct-to-video-movie, Wakko's Wish. The show originally aired on FOX Kids and in 1995 on Kids' WB. It has been on Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, and currently, The HUB Network in syndication
- In pre-production, the Warners where meant to be three duck brothers, but Warner Bros. thought there where too many duck characters (Looney Tunes' Daffy, Tiny Toons' Plucky, Mickey's Donald).
- Even though the Warners have dog-like qualities, what they are is unknown but we know this, they are cute.
- The names of the Warners where supposed to be Yakky, Wakky, and little sister Dot along with a fourth sibling named Smakky. Yakky became Yakko, Wakky and Smakky were melded to become Wakko and Dot's name stayed the same.
- Bob Daley, who ran the studio in 1992, saw a balloon of Yakko on the WB water tower, he ordered it to be removed becase he thought it was Mickey Mouse. The baloon was on the tower for less than 12 hours then popped shortly after it was removed. Writer Paul Rugg took a picture to prove that it had happened.
- So the viewers wouldn't be confused with Mickey Mouse, Bob Daley had Tom Ruegger add side whiskers to Yakko and Wakko.
- Dot's head was shaped like the famous Warner Bros. shield.
- In pre-production, Dot was originally supposed to be just the Warners' friend but was changed to their little sister.