|Animaniacs Episode 8|
|Air date:||22 Sep. 1993|
|Variable verse:|| Dot: Here's the show's name-y...
|Gag credit(s):|| Racoon Keeper-
|Closing tag:|| Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Goodbye, nurse!
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
The Warners do a parody of the theme song to the 1960s television series, Gilligan's Island.
- Hello Nurse is given her name in this song.
- The Professor and Mary Anne, characters from Gilligan's Island, are mentioned.
Dot: Here's the show's name-y...
- First Randy Beaman short.
The Big Candy Store (406-703)
The Warners go to Flaxseed's Totality of Candy hoping to steal some candy, but the owner, Flaxseed, will clearly not allow this.
- The title is a play on the 1941 Marx Brothers film The Big Store.
- Fitting with the candy theme, the music playing at the beginning of the cartoon (following title card) is "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" from Tchaikovsky's score of The Nutcracker.
- The Goodfeathers make a cameo at the beginning of the cartoon.
- The Warners' song to Flaxseed is a parody of "The Candy Man" from the film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.
Bumbie's Mom (406-619)
Slappy and Skippy are watching the film Bumbie the Dearest Deer. At a pivotal point in the film when the title character's mother gets shot and killed, Skippy begins to cry uncontrollably. To stop his crying, Slappy takes Skippy to New Mexico to meet Vina Walleen, the actress who played Bumbie's mom and long-time friend of Slappy's.
- Bumbie the Dearest Deer is a parody of the classic Disney film Bambi.
- Sherri Stoner says this episode was based on her actual childhood trauma of watching the infamous scene from Bambi (when Bambi's mom gets shot).
- When Slappy is awakened by Skippy's crying, she blurts out "Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel!". This is a referenced to the game show Wheel of Fortune.
- Hello Nurse makes a cameo as the flight attendant, and the Warners, naturally, follow her. Slappy replies by stating "That was pointless!"
- When Slappy and Skippy reach New Mexico, they see Wile E. Coyote chasing the Road Runner. Slappy then demands a stop to the "gratuitous cameos".
- At one point, a house falls on a cartoon dog, a parody of a scene from the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz.
- There are many Hanna-Barbera references in this cartoon. Slappy mentions that Vina Walleen dated George Jetson from The Jetsons. Skippy says that Slappy claimed that Magilla Gorilla was a woman. The punchline to Vina's recollection to Slappy is, "So Pebbles says, 'Get your own Bamm-Bamm, lady!'"
- In a "Here we go again" gag at the end, the squirrels watch Old Yellow, a parody of the film Old Yeller.
- Regarding Skippy's crying whenever she mentions Bumbie's mom, Slappy remarks "Pavlov would love this kid." This is a refrencee to Ivan Pavlov, a psychologist known for his experiments of classical conditioning, who was also parodied in a Pinky & the Brain short.
- The line "That is not Bumbie's mom, she is old!" may have been inspired by a Dennis the Menace short. In the comic, Dennis is a fan of Cowboy Bob, a Western star. However, Dennis failed to realize that Westerns are rarely made today and the films he is seeing are actually old re-releases. In one story arc Dennis' parents had invited the actor who played Cowboy Bob, now retired, to their party and thought it would be nice to introduce him to Dennis. Dennis however, thought he was meeting "Cowboy Bob's grandpa"!
- Hello Nurse: Would you like anything?
- Slappy: Perhaps a sedative?
- Hello Nurse: Huh? I don't get it.
- Slappy: Go away.
- Yakko and Wakko: Hello, nurse!
- Slappy: That was pointless.
- Road Runner: (after outsmarting Wile E. Coyote) Beep Beep!
- Slappy: Enough with the gratuitous cameos!
- Skippy: But Bumbie's mom is.... (cries)
- Skippy: That's not Bumbie's Mom! She's old!
- Slappy: Tactless, yet rude.
The Warners get back up to the Water Tower using a catapult. When Ralph uses the catapult, he gets slammed to the ground. The Warners shrug and go back into the tower.
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner, Dog|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner, Bumbie Singer|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner, Hello Nurse, Vina Walleen, Bumper, Sister Margaret Marianne June July|
|Sherri Stoner||Slappy Squirrel|
|Nathan Ruegger||Skippy Squirrel|
|Jeff Bennett||Mr. Flaxseed|
Kathryn Page's Credit
Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Goodbye, Nurse!
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 7||Episode 9|