Cartoon Network (abbreviated CN, corporately known as The Cartoon Network, Inc.) is an American cable television network created by Turner Broadcasting (now owned by Time Warner) which primarily shows animated programming. It originally served as a 24-hour outlet for classic animation properties from the Turner Broadcasting libraries and is mainly youth-oriented, but shares channel space with a late-night adult oriented channel programming block called Adult Swim.
Animaniacs aired a special two-hour marathon on Cartoon Network on January 31, 1997. Eventually, the show joined the channel's regular schedule and aired there from 1998 to 2001, after which the show was moved to Nickelodeon.
During the show's run on Cartoon Network, newly-animated commercial bumpers featuring the characters, animated by Primal Screen, were used.
- In the I.M. Weasel episode "I am Cliched," Red Guy signs off saying "Hello Nurse."
- The plot for the Powerpuff Girls episode "Curses" resembles the one for "Cutie and the Beast."
- Rob Paulsen voiced Major Glory in Dexter's Laboratory, Brick, Boomer and an Amodea boy in the Powerpuff Girls, etc.
- Dan Castellaneta voiced Earl in Cow and Chicken.
- Jess Harnell voiced Super Secret Secret Squirrel.
- Kath Soucie voiced Dexter's mother, The Quadruplex T-3000 Computer, Lisa, Lee Lee, and Agent Honeydrew in Dexter's Laboratory and Muriel (younger version) in Courage the Cowardly Dog.
- Cree Summer voiced Numbuh 5 in Codename: Kids Next Door.
- Maurice LaMarche voiced Father in Codename: Kids Next Door.
- Frank Welker voiced Scooby Doo and Fred Rogers, Monkey in Dexter's Laboratory, etc.
- Jim Cummings voiced Tazmanian Devil and Fuzzy Lumpkins in The Powerpuff Girls.
- Nancy Cartwright voiced Lu in Mike, Lu and Og.