|Animaniacs Episode 13|
|Air date:||September 29, 1993|
|Variable verse:|| Dot: Here's the show's namey...
|Gag credit(s):|| Needs a Vacation-Kathryn Page's
|Closing tag:|| Yakko, Wakko and Dot: Fla-MEEL!!!!!
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
Dot: Here's the show's name-y...
Hello Nice Warners (406-801)
While running from Ralph, the Warners unwittingly find themselves in an audition for Mr. Director's latest film. They try to flee that, but when they see Ralph lurking outside wondering where are they Warners, they are trapped. The Warners will need to go along with the film.
- Mr. Director is modeled after comedian Jerry Lewis.
- In the beginning, the Warners find themselves on the set of a Sound of Music parody.
- The Warners audition with "Three Little Maids from School are We" from the Gilbert & Sullivan operetta The Mikado.
- In the end, the Warners direct Mr. Director in Old Screamer, a parody of Old Yeller, and Illinois Smith, a parody of Indiana Jones.
- The Warners say, "Be afraid...be very afraid...", which is a quote from the remake of The Fly.
- The clip of Yakko saying, "I think we have a difference of opinion here" is used in the opening of Rob Paulsen's podcast, "Talking Toons".
- The scene where the Warners are singing a song for Mr. Director in the Chinese outfits is cut in the international version like Boomerang channel due of imitating Chinese people.
La Behemoth (406-725)
The Hip Hippos operatically try to take care of their mansion after their maid quits.
- First Hip Hippos cartoon in broadcast order.
- The title and operatic style refers to "La bohème", although the cartoon itself has little relation to the famous opera by Giacomo Puccini
Little Old Slappy from Pasadena (406-729)
Slappy Squirrel portrays the title character in the Jan & Dean song "The Little Old Lady from Pasadena" while racing across California just to deliver a letter. At the end of the episode she pulls into her driveway, only to see her home covered by multiple squad cars and Slappy getting arrested for reckless driving.
- This cartoon contains cameos by Thaddeus Plotz, Hello Nurse, Buttons and Mindy, Ralph T. Guard, the Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote.
- This contains one of the few times where the Road Runner is actually out-run by someone else.
- The song describes the little old lady as having a Super Stock Dodge, however, Slappy's car is a generic red sports car with a slight resemblance to a first generation Dodge Viper's front end.
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner, Man on Phone|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner, Bird #1|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner, Marita Hippo, Julie Andrews, Fat Lady, Bird #2, Maid|
|Frank Welker||Ralph T. Guard, Flavio Hippo, Thaddeus Plotz, Buttons|
|Wendy Knudsen||Marita Hippo (singing voice)|
|Ray McLeod||Flavio Hippo (singing voice)|
|Sherri Stoner||Slappy Squirrel|
|Paul Rugg||Mr. Director|
Kathryn Page's Credit
Needs a Vacation
Yakko, Wakko and Dot: Fla-MEEL!!!!!
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 12||Episode 14|