|Animaniacs Episode 18|
|Air date:||6 Oct. 1993|
|Variable verse:|| Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Pinky and the Brainy...
|Gag credit(s):|| Zoo Keeper-Kathryn Page
|Closing tag:|| Wakko: Lather...|
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
Every single cartoon in this episode has to do with Russian culture.
Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Pinky and the Brain-y...
The shot of Brain's temper growing is used in the Pinky and the Brain spin-off theme.
This is a parody of Pavlov's Dog
- Ivan Pavlov did not study conditioned responses, he really just wanted some saliva to study. This goof was mentioned in the "Please Please Please Get a Life Foundation" cartoon.
Chicken Boo appears as a famous ballet dancer.
- First Chicken Boo cartoon.
- Chicken Boo's alias in a pun on Mikhail Baryshnikov.
The Warners escape from the water tower via a sky gondola.
Nothing But the Tooth
The Warners are Rasputin's dentists when he comes down with a toothache, causing him no end of misery. When Rasputin attempts to rid the Warners by having the Tsar arrest them, his teeth fall out, rendering his hypnosis ineffective. The Tsar kicks Rasputin out and thanks the Warners for saving Russia.
- The Warners claim to be professional Shriners. In actuality, the Shriners are not a career, but a nonprofit group of men who have built several hospitals for children who are burn victims.
- The belief that Rasputin hypnotized the Tsar into doing his bidding was the widespread rumors that he used hypnosis to cure the Tsar's son whenever he had medical problems to cure him, which is now largely discredited.
- A little girl knocking out Rasputin was a play on the term anesthesia. Dot remarks that most kids probably would not get it and tells them to ask their parents. The little girl was meant to be Anastasia, the youngest daughter of Tsar Nicholas II.
- One accurate scene shown was where Rasputin was appointing ministers as he saw fit. In 1916 (when the episode took place) the First World War was on, and Tsar Nicholas II was not in his palace, but on the front lines acting as supreme commander of the army. In the Tsar's absence, Rasputin wielded enourmous political clout, hiring and firing ministers willy-nilly.
The moral of today's show is: "Brush your teeth after every meal. This moral brought to you by the American Dental Association."
The Warners return to the water tower via a magic carpet from Wakko's gag bag. When Ralph attempts to fly on the carpet, an anvil falls on him. The Warners just shrug and go back into the tower.
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner, Pinky, Ivan Pavlov|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner, Puppy|
|Maurice LaMarche||The Brain|
|Frank Welker||Chicken Boo|
|Barry Dennen||Czar Nicholas II|
Kathryn Page's Credit
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 17||Episode 19|