|Animaniacs Episode 27|
|Air date:||October 25, 1993|
|Variable verse:|| "There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe".
|Gag credit(s):|| Wine Steward-Kathryn Page
|Closing tag:|| Skippy: Spew!
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
Dot recites her interpretation of "There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe".
Yakko: Miss Cellany...
You Risk Your Life
Yakko hosts and Dr. Scratchansniff announces for a parody of the classic Groucho Marx game/talk show "You Bet Your Life" in front of stock footage of a live-action audience. The contestants are Mrs. Myra Puntridge and Aristotle. The secret word is "Yes", and if you say it, Wakko smashes you on the head with a mallet.
- Mrs. Myra Puntridge is actually Emily Duff from the Elmyra Duff Family episodes of Tiny Toon Adventures.
- When the title was on Netflix, this segment was missing.
I Got Yer Can
Written by Sherri Stoner
Directed by Alfred Gimeno
The Music of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker was heard when Candie Chipmunk was around
- This cartoon is based on a true story. Sherri Stoner moved to a new neighborhood, and she was throwing away her Diet Coke can into another neighbor's bin, but her neighbor asked Sherri to use her own bin.
- The game show that Candie appears on is a parody of Let's Make a Deal. The Warners make a cameo and do their "Hello, Nurse!" routine.
- At one point, Candie types endlessly on a typewriter "All work and no cans make Candie a dull Chipmunk," a parody of the scene from the film The Shining.
- Skippy says his catchphrase, "Spew!" for the first time.
- When she first meets Candie, Slappy says, "Allen Funt is a dead man!" In other words, she briefly believes that she is on Candid Camera, the prank show hosted by Funt.
- The game show is hosted by Blink Winkleman, a semi-recurring character from Tiny Toon Adventures, and it is also a parody of the game show Let's Make a Deal.
- Each time Candie gets the can back, a five-note melody entitled "You're a Horse's Ass" can be heard. This melody is best remembered as the opening music for the Private Snafu shorts during WWII.
- Slappy: [about Candie] She reminds me of a very young Wilma Flintstone.
Jockey for Position
- First appearance of Phar Fignewton.
- When Pinky is knocked off a horse, he dizzily says, "There's baloney in our slacks..." one of the lines of the theme song.
- The shot of Pinky running on the globe would later be used in the title sequence for the Pinky and the Brain spin-off.
- The Brain: Tomorrow is the running of the Kentucky Derby. Do you know what that is?
- Pinky: Um, a very large hat?
- The Brian: Promise me something, Pinky, never breed.
- Pinky: I'll try.
- Pinky: Can't we just ride the pretty one?
- [Referring to Phar Fignewton]
- The Brain: Good heavens, they're mulitplying!
- The Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
- Pinky: I think so, Brain, but, uh, isn't Regis Philbin already married?
Dot recites her interpretation of
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner, Pinky, Dr. Scratchansniff, Blink Winkleman, Phar Fignewton, Louie, Louie's Boss|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner, Santa Claus|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner, Mrs. Myra Puntridge|
|Sherri Stoner||Slappy Squirrel|
|Nathan Ruegger||Skippy Squirrel|
|Gail Matthius||Candie Chipmunk|
|Maurice LaMarche||The Brain, Aristotle, Jockey|
Kathryn Page's Credit
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 26||Episode 28|