|Animaniacs Episode 34|
|Air date:||July 23, 1993|
|Variable verse:|| Dot: Come back, Shaney!
|Gag credit(s):|| Fire Eater-Kathryn Page
|Closing tag:|| Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Fla-MEEL!!!
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
Dot: Come back, Shaney!
Clown and Out
Thaddeus Plotz hires a clown for Wakko's birthday party, unaware that Wakko has an irrational fear of clowns, referred to by Dr. Scratchansniff as Clownophobia. Wakko does everything in his power to get rid of the clown, resulting in the clown being sent to the planet Mars. Once on Mars, the clown gets an audience of Martians who like his act.
- The song that Mr. Clown sings in Plotz's office is a parody of "You'll Never Walk Alone" from Carousel, which Jerry Lewis, whom the clown is modeled after, often concluded his Labor Day Telethons with.
- The clown is almost entirely similar to Mr. Director, a more direct caricature if Jerry Lewis, but is not stated to be the same character.
- The clown is one of the rare characters who runs afoul of the Warners yet gets a happy ending in the form of Martians who like his songs. This is probably due to the fact the clown was not acting out of malice towards Wakko, but simply trying to do a job he was hired for. It is one of the seldom examples where an antagonistic character in a WB cartoon "wins" in the end.
- Dr. Scratchansniff incorrectly calls a fear of clowns Clownophobia, when the correct term is Coulrophobia.
- Dr. Scratchansniff's line "A clown is not a giant spider" is a reference to Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's IT, whose true form was a giant spider. The line "A clown will not bite me and throw me in the basement" is a reference to John Gacy, a man who murdered several people and kept their bodies inside the crawl space of his own home. Gacy had become known as the "clown killer" due to a side job he had entertaining parties under the guise of "Pogo the Clown".
ACME Labs Pinky and Brain Intro
On the chalk board Brain writing a formula starting E=mc² and ending THX 1138 which is a movie that started George Lucas career. Also Sq root of BH 91210 Beverly Hills, 90210
Bubba Bo Bob Brain
The Brain poses as country singer Bubba Bo Bob Brain with Pinky as his manager. He plans to put subliminal messages in his songs to get whoever is listening to the songs to make him their world leader.
- This cartoon contains parodies of Billy Ray Cyrus and his infamous song "Achy Breaky Heart", Dolly Parton, the TV show Hee Haw and the Grand Ole Opry.
- The ending is used in the second finale of the Animaniacs game on the Super Nintendo Entertainment system.
- TMN (possibly the Tennessee Music Network) is a parody of TNN (The Nashville (later National) Network), which is a former name for Viacom-owned network Spike, to be rebranded into the Paramount Network on Q1 2018.
- Dolly: I want you to know that I'm your biggest fan.
- Brain: I'd say puberty was inordinately kind to you.
Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob. Pinky: You have no idea.
"Elvis lives on in our hearts, in his music, and...in a trailer park outside Milwaukee."
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner, Pinky, Dr. Scratchansniff, Garth Brooks|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner, Willie Rae Cyprus|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner, Dolly Parton|
|Frank Welker||Thaddeus Plotz|
|Paul Rugg||Mr. Clown|
|Maurice LaMarche||The Brain, Baby Martians|
|Gail Matthius||Yee Haw Gal|
Kathryn Page's Credit
Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Fla-MEEL!!!
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 33||Episode 35|