|Animaniacs Episode 35|
|Air date:||November 5, 1993|
|Variable verse:|| Yakko: Miss Cellany
|Gag credit(s):|| Extremely Confused-Kathryn Page
|Closing tag:|| Yakko, Wakko & Dot: |
AAAAAHHHH!!!! THERE'S A HORRIBLE BUG ON YOUR SHOULDER!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Just kidding. [laugh]
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
And now for something completely different. For today's very special show, the Warners have mixed up all the cartoons....Let's see what they have come up with, shall we?
Very Special OpeningToday is a very special episode of Animaniacs. What makes it so special? Wakko's not wearing any pants!
- The opening logo, "An Animaniacs Special Presentation", is a parody of the logo used by CBS for their special presentations.
Yakko: Miss Cellany...
In the Animaniacs Test Kitchen, Yakko is cooking up something. He sings that the ingredients are all the stars of the show. The Warners look in the cauldron to see what they have come up with.
In the Garden of Mindy
In a spin-off of Pinky and the Brain (Mindy and the Brain), Brain, replacing Buttons, tries to prepare a plan for world domination, all the while watching over Mindy's mischief. However, this does not go well as planned for Brain as he ends up bruised, dizzy (due to being played with by Mindy), and smelling rather horrible (due to falling in manure). Brain also is reprimanded by Mindy's mother (for "allowing Mindy to feed him old cheese") rather than Buttons.
- It's unknown what happened to Buttons.
- Mindy thought a lawnmower was a buggy.
Pinky and the Cat
- The shot of Pinky making faces in a dish bowl was later used in the theme song for the Pinky and the Brain spin-off.
- The theme's reason for Rita's eating Pinky was because he's a rat and she's a "cat, cat, cat, cat, cat".
We've Been Mixin' Up the Scripts
The Warners are at a conveyer belt singing, to the tune of "I've Been Workin' on the Railroad", about how they are mixing up all the scripts. (note: Animaniacs is supposed to have no script anyways)
No Place Like Homeless
Written by John P. McCann
Directed by Greg Reyna
Runt, who has been paired with Pesto, drift outside the inner city until they reach the suburbs. Runt finds a place to live with a kind old woman, however she hates pigeons. She also has a pet parrot named Crackers, who hates other pets and tries to instigate Runt. In the end Pesto saves Runt in his usual manner, by beating up the parrot. This causes Runt to be banished from the old lady's house, who believes both Pesto and Runt were involved in a conspiracy to harm "her precious Crackers". Back out on the street, Runt says that Rita always sang to him to cheer him up. Pesto agrees to do that, humming an Italian song.
- It's unknown what happened to Bobby and Squit.
- Pesto is far more blunt than Rita, telling Runt they will have to keep soldiering on, but agrees to act like Rita near the end.
Katie Ka-Boom brings home her new boyfriend to her family, C.B., who happens to be none other than Chicken Boo. As expected, she explodes when her family tries to convince her that her boyfriend is actually a giant chicken.
- First Katie Ka-Boom cartoon.
- For once, everyone (Except Katie Ka-Boom) sees through Chicken Boo's disguise before anything comes off of him.
- At the beginning of the episode when Yakko, Wakko, and Dot were tossing the characters into the pot to mix up the scripts, neither Chicken Boo nor Katie Ka-Boom were seen being tossed in.
We Found This Old Computer
The Warners sing about fixing up a computer from a junkyard and put the Animaniacs stars into it.
Dottie the Squirrel
A very short segment where Dot takes the place of Slappy. Yakko and Wakko are singing offscreen "This short cartoon features Dottie the Squirrel". Dot brusquely responds that her name is Dot; "Call me 'Dottie' and you die". The songs finishes with "That's Dotty!" Dot says "I warned you" and throws a bomb at the camera.
- Skippy appears near the beginning.
Slappy finds herself involuntarily taking the place of Dot in a cartoon where the Warners mistake an Iraqi palace for the Baghdad Café and a Saddam Hussein lookalike as their waiter. Slappy asks for Skippy Squirrel, but instead sees Flavio Hippo taking the place of her nephew. After several confused attempts at Dot's catchphrases, she just ends the cartoon by putting dynamite down the dictator's pants. Outside, she says to the viewers, "Next time, I'm gonna ask for script approvals."
The moral of today's story is: "You can teach an old dog new tricks, but you can't teach Madonna to act." (Ouch.)
Kathryn Page's Credit
Yakko, Wakko & Dot: AAAAAHHHH!!!! THERE'S A HORRIBLE BUG ON YOUR SHOULDER!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Just kidding. [laugh]
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 34||Episode 36|