|Animaniacs Episode 54|
|Air date:||February 15, 1994|
|Variable verse:|| Wakko: Where's Lon Chaney?
|Gag credit(s):|| First Trumpet-Kathryn Page
|Closing tag:|| Pinky: Zort!
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
- In the original version of this cartoon, Colin is seen running outside with his hands on his crotch, clearly indicating that he has to go to the bathroom really bad. The original version can be seen here. The censored version is on the DVD, but the original can be seen on The Hub.
- Colin's story is based on the urban legend where if you ate pop rocks and drank a soda at the same time, your head would explode after that.
Brain Meets Brawn
The Brain steals Dr. Jekyll's strength-enhancing formula which changes him into a terrifying monster when angered. He plots to disable the Big Ben at tea time to permanently suspend tea time in order to take over the world.
This episode is a reference to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Brain: "Do it, Pinky!"
Pinky: "Look, the cloud looks like a big pomegranate!"
Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "Egad, Brain. It worked!"
Brain: (getting angry) "Pinky!"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but if they called them Sad Meals, kids wouldn't buy them!"
Pinky: "No Brain, you'll bop me!"
Brain: "Hello in there, Pinky!"
Pinky: "Egad, Dr. Jekkyl's turned himself into that fierce Mr. Hyde again, Brain!"
Brain: "Pinky, make me angry!"
Pinky: "Brain, I didn't mean for us to fall, I'm sorry!"
Pinky: "No, wait, Brain! Narf! I didn't apologize yet!"
Brain: (irate) "Pinky, you're making me angry!"
Pinky: "Dislodge the pallet..." [Runs up and pulls at the wrong part]
Brain: "Exactly, Pinky. As they say in rustic circles, bottoms up!"
Pinky: (frightened) "Ah, sorry I angered you, Brain!"
Brain: "NO, PINKY! The pallet!"
Pinky: "Sorry, Brain!"
Brain: "We stop the clock, we stop the world! YES!"
Constables/Mr. Hyde: "Tea time!"
Brain: "Now...make me mad!"
Pinky: "Egad, Brain, brilliant! Wait, no, no...you'd have to be a hulking muscular giant to stop that clock, Brain!"
British guard: [referring to Brain's beast form] "Americans..."
Brain: "Yes, if only I could find a way to use that savage strength..."
Pinky: "Is it working, Brain? Any changes? You tingling? Itching, feeling anything? Do you, do you, do you?"
Brain: (irate) "Quiet, Pinky! You're angering me! Now, please..." [all of a sudden, The Brain is experience tingling and discomfort whilst Pinky backs away]
[Pinky backs up into the corner, watching Brain grow in size, gaining muscle]
Brain: "Hmmm, I transformed when you angered me, and transformed back when you apologized. That's it! Anger me, Pinky!"
We are introduced to a mink named Minerva, who causes all species of the male gender to do Tex Avery-style wild takes whenever they see her. In this cartoon, she attempts to avoid a hunting dog named Newt, who either wants to capture her or have her.
- In production order, this was to be the first Minerva Mink cartoon.
- One of the messages on Minerva's answering machine is from Fowlmouth from Tiny Toon Adventures, who also mentions Shirley the Loon being out of town.
- At one point, Newt says, "Oooh, baby, that's what I like!" This is a reference to the Big Bopper's song "Chantilly Lace". Later, Minerva says it when she sees her friend's (on the phone) cousin.
Minerva: "What a yutz!"
Minerva: "Like I said, It's Not Pretty Being Me"
In the winter time, Colin, who is all bundled up, talks about Randy Beaman and his father picking up a female hitchhiker in Kansas and the ending is....kinda spooky. After he tells the story, Colin attempts to walk back to the door, but ends up landing in the snow on his side.
|Maurice LaMarche||The Brain|
|Rob Paulsen||Pinky, Yakko Warner, Lawrence, Fowlmouth|
|Jeff Bennett||Dr. Jeckyl, Mr. Hyde|
|Julie Brown||Minerva Mink|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot, Trudy|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner, Trudy's Cousin|
Kathryn Page's Credit
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 53||Episode 55|