|Animaniacs Episode 73|
|Air date:||23 Sep. 1995|
|Variable verse:|| Wakko: Penny Laney...
|Gag credit(s):|| Surlaw Eth T'nsaw Luap
|Closing tag:|| Yakko I'm Yakko.|
Wakko: I'm Wakko.
Dot: And I'm rabid.
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
- Even though Wakko sings "Penny Laney", they are actually recreating the Abbey Road album cover.
A Hard Day's Warners
In this practically scene-for-scene parody of the Beatles' film A Hard Day's Night, the Warners try to avoid their running and screaming fans (one of whom is Elmyra) at a Comic-Con-like convention. Pinky and the Brain make a cameo appearance at the end.
- Throughout the whole cartoon, most of the fans that are the Warners are recolors of the fanboys would later appear in Please Please Please Get a Life Foundation. Even some of the background fans had the same color scheme as Elmyra.
- The song that appears later in this segment, "They Want to Laugh", is sung in the tune of the Hairspray play song "The Nicest Kids In Town".
Bad Idea: Buying a parachute on sale.
Gimme a Break
Slappy really wants to get some rest and relaxation, but Skippy insists they go to the mega awesome movie that is being shot. Every time she tries to relax, she somehow ends up on the set of the movie.
- Throughout the cartoon, Slappy ends up in parodies of Die Hard, Forrest Gump, Speed, Passenger 57, the "Nightmare at 5,000 Feet" episode of The Twilight Zone and Jaws.
- [Skippy pulls Slappy who is holding onto the tree, accidentally revealing the Warners taking a bath in the background. Dot screams.]
- Wakko: Uh-oh, I think I feel a bubble coming on.
- Slappy: Go away.
- Slappy: [seeing three Skippys] Well, if it isn't Huey, Dewey and Louie. I haven't seen you guys since Daisy Duck's bat mitzvah.
Good Idea, Bad Idea
Bad Idea: Climbing a mountain lion.
- This is the final "Good Idea, Bad Idea" cartoon on Animaniacs.
Please Please Please Get a Life Foundation (406-671D)
In a not-so-subtle jab at the fanboys who post every single goof and piece of trivia about the show on the Internet (GUILTY!), the Warners advertise about a rehabilitation center for those people.
- In the opening shot, the bedroom contains not only Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain merchandise, but also Tiny Toon Adventures merchandise.
- Most of the Internet nerds' lines are taken verbatim from the Cultural References Guide for Animaniacs. Writer Peter Hastings asked Animaniacs fan site founder Keeper for a copy to use for the show.
- The shot of the coffee mug rippling is a parody of the scene from Jurassic Park.
- Some of the goofs are inaccurate. The TMS version of the Pinky and the Brain theme actually aired several times, not just once. Also, Brain writes 91210, not 90201.
- (kinda makes you wonder if they did that on purpose so people like us could write that.)
- "Please" is spelled like "PLEESE".
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner, Pinky, Dr. Scratchansniff, Internet Nerd #1|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner, Elvis Presley, Keanu Reeves, Internet Nerd #3|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner, Hello Nurse, Sandra Bullock|
|Sherri Stoner||Slappy Squirrel|
|Nathan Ruegger||Skippy Squirrel|
|Frank Welker||Ralph T. Guard, John Wilkes Booth|
|Maurice LaMarche||The Brain, William Shatner, Reporter, Internet Nerd #2|
|Jeff Glen Bennett||Captain, Baloney, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tom Hanks, Steven Pudner|
This is Episode #73
Surlaw Eht Saw Okkay
- The gag credit is "Paul Wasn't the Walrus: Yakko Was the Walrus" spelled backwards.
Yakko: I'm Yakko.
Wakko: I'm Wakko.
Dot: And I'm rabid.
- This stinger is a redubbed version of the "I'm Yakko, I'm Wakko, and I'm cute" stinger.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 72||Episode 74|