|Animaniacs Episode 7|
|Air date:||21 Sep. 1993|
|Variable verse:|| Dot: Here's the show's namey...
|Gag credit(s):|| Jeep Driver-Kathryn Page
|Closing tag:|| Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Goodbye, nurse!
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
Newsreel of the StarsEpisode 1: De-Zanitized/The Monkey Song/Nighty-Night Toon'e'
Dot: Here's the show's name-y...
We hear the sound of a toilet flushing. As we pan down on the tower, a small door unscrews itself with water coming out of each hole. As the door opens, we see the Warners in scuba gear running out of the tower.
Piano Rag (406-712)
Animated by Tokyo Movie Shinsha
Dr. Scratchansniff, Ralph, and Hello Nurse are chasing the Warners. The Warners decided to hide in, and rudely disrupt, a piano recital.
- According to composer Steve Bernstein, the piano concerto was written after the animation was all done, making it more difficult to compose.
- (After Tympannini breaks his piano, the Warners hold up lit matches like a rock concert)
- Yakko: Very Pete Townsend-esque.
- Dot: Who?
- Wakko: Exactly.
- The Warners: WHO! WHO! WHO! WHO! WHO!
- Wakko: (to Tympannini) Hey, mister! Pull a rabbit of your pants!
- Dr. Scratchansniff: Hmph. Your mother used Pampers.
- Yakko: Goodbye, nurse!
- Ralph: (To Yakko) Duh, got ya!
- Yakko: (To Ralph) Duh, not!
When Rita Met Runt (406-604)
Animated by Freelance Animators, Ltd.
Rita, an intelligent and sarcastic cat, is given to the city pound by her owner, a woman who recently went through a bad breakup. Runt, a big but rather idiotic dog, is given to the same pound by a man because he was unable to potty train him. They are put in different cells next to each other, but, since they can't see each other, they both think that they are of their species. Rita sings of the woes she suffered as a house cat, and how when she was a kitten she was adored and pampered, only to later be held in disregard as she got less cute when she grew up. She is about to escape when Runt wants to be let out as well. When he comes out, she realizes that he is a dog, and Runt thinks Rita is also a dog. When she says she is a cat, Runt gets angry and threatens to shred the (to him) unseen feline to bits.
- First Rita and Runt cartoon.
- Runt's voice is modeled after Dustin Hoffman's character in Rain Man.
- The Warners are seen dancing outside the pound with umbrellas in a parody of the title song from Singin' in the Rain.
- Humans Ain't What They Seem to Be (Rita)
- Runt: My name's Runt, but my master calls me "stupid".
- Rita's Owner: I want a pet who will come when I call and cuddle me when I've had a bad day.
- Rita: Have a kid, lady.
The Warners get back up to the Water Tower using a barber chair. When Ralph pulls the lever, a sandbag falls out of nowhere. The Warners shrug and go back into the tower.
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner, Dr. Scratchansniff|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner, Hello Nurse, Rita's Owner, Pound Customer|
|Frank Welker||Runt, Ralph T. Guard, Runt's Owner, Pound Worker|
Kathryn Page's Credit
Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Goodbye, nurse!
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 6||Episode 8|