|Animaniacs Episode 91|
|Air date:||8 Sep. 1997|
|Variable verse:|| Yakko, Wakko and Dot: Public domain-y...
|Gag credit(s):|| We Don't Loan Out|
We Buy Out
|Closing tag:|| Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Auf Wiedersehen!
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
Message in a Bottle
The Warners are lost at sea and find a message in a bottle.
- Wakko suggested that the bottle was "fanmail from some friendly flounder", which is reference from The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.
Back in Style
A documentary sequence showing what happened after Warner Bros. closed its animation department in the '60s. Apparently, they loaned out the Warners to some limited animation television cartoons.
- When Bugs and Daffy leave the studio, Bugs says that there is a flavored drink commercial waiting for them. The Looney Tunes characters did, in fact, star in several ads for flavored drinks like Kool-Aid and Tang after the Warner Bros. animation department closed. Daffy then says, "Wait up, Tex!" This is a reference to director Tex Avery, who returned to Warner Bros. briefly to direct those ads.
- Friz Freleng erases Bugs Bunny's head and replaces it with that of a cat. This is a reference to Freleng creating the Pink Panther cartoon.
- Freleng speaks exactly like Yosemite Sam, which Sam is happy to point out. Many people who worked with Freleng found him to be rather similar to Yosemite Sam.
- Chuck Jones is the animator standing next to Freleng.
- This cartoon features parodies of Yogi Bear, Scooby-Doo, Underdog, Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids and The Beatles TV shows (in the parodies of the first two aforementioned shows, Hanna-Barbera sound effects are used to a moderate extent, as Yogi Bear and Scooby-Doo were originally created by the latter studio; also by that time, H-B officially became part of Time Warner, as its parent company, Ted Turner's Turner Broadcasting has completed the merge with the latter nearly a year ago, in turn leading to its various properties becoming part of Warner Bros.).
- Frank Welker provides his Fred Jones voice for the Scooby-Doo parody and also does his Scooby impression. Welker would later become the official voice of Scooby.
- This segment reunites Rob Paulsen, Jim Cummings and Gail Matthius where Jim voices Mr. Bumpy, Rob voices Squishington, and Gail voices Molly in Bump in the Night.
While at a campfire with Mr. Skullhead, the Warners sing their own variation of "Dem Bones."
- Runt is at the campfire.
- This marks Skullhead's final appearance.
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner, Bristly, Hooknose Harold|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner, Lew-Lew, Muttermouth, Ed Meisker III|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner, Blanche Sewer|
|Frank Welker||Thaddeus Plotz, Chicken Boo, Ralph T. Guard, Runt, Narrator, Uhuru, Ted, Lem Botchitt|
|Jim Cummings||Calhoun Capybara, Simon San Simeon, Obese Orson, Yosemite Sam, Malice Ovey|
|Greg Burson||Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny, Friz Freleng|
|Jeff Glen Bennett||Thunderdogg, Gerald, Treg Green, Todd A-O|
|Gail Matthius||Sweet Polly Dognose, Phoebe|
When this episode is shown overseas, it has an additional gag credit:
We Don't Loan Out
We Buy Out
Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Auf Wiedersehen!
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 90||Episode 92|