|Animaniacs Episode 77|
|Air date:||4 Nov. 1995|
|Variable verse:|| Yakko, Wakko and Dot: Novacainey...
|Gag credit(s):|| Producing Producer Producing Production|
Say that five times fast
|Closing tag:|| Yakko, Wakko and Dot: Auf Wiedersehen!
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
This Pun for Hire
The Warners do a film noir parody, taking every cliché and killing them with many bad puns.
- On Nickelodeon, after Minerva demands the Warners give her the bird, Dot simply says, "We can't" and cutting out the "it's a family show" part, making the joke a little more subtle.
- When Yakko asks, "Tell me your story, sister", Dot replies with the opening lines of the Cher song "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves."
- A running gag in this cartoon is when Hello Nurse says something right, the Warners celebrate her being correct a la You Bet Your Life.
- Another running gag is when Yakko refers to "her", a blonde singer would burst out of a door. "Her" is singer Bette Midler.
- Freakazoid, from the show of the same name, makes a cameo appearance in this cartoon.
- At the end of the cartoon, Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen make cameo appearances. Yakko says they are, "The stuff that DreamWorks are made of." This is not only a reference to the then newly-formed movie studio of DreamWorks, but also to the ending of The Maltese Falcon.
- Ralph keeps saying "By Gad, sir", which is one of Kasper Gutman's lines in The Maltese Falcon.
- After this episode aired, Paramount was bought by Viacom and Universal was bought by NBC and then by Comcast.
- The statue is a plastered version of Squit.
- Yakko: Tell us, where did you last see your boss?
- Hello Nurse: In the Mambo Room at the Tropicombo Club. A band was playing Latin dance music. I was with the doctor, he mumbled something. The band had a big dumb guy playing drums and everyone was dancing under a pole, then the doctor vanished.
- Yakko: Now, lemme get this straight: He muttered some mumbo-jumbo during the Combo Samba in the Mambo at the Tropicombo. Then there was a jumbo dumbo playing the limbo on the bongos and then he was gone?
- Hello Nurse: That is absolutely correct!
- Yakko: Tell her what she's won!!!
- Wakko: Another date with me!
- Hello Nurse: How come I always get the booby prize?
- Dot: I'm not touchin' that one!
- Hello Nurse: I claim this statue in the name of Gulf+Western!
- Minerva: I claim this statue in the name of Rupert Murdoch!
- Ralph: Duh, by gad, sir, I claim it in the name of Matsushimi- err, Matsushudi- duuh... uh, for Seagrams!
- Yakko: Ah, I've got it! The mink is workin' for Fox, the pair o' legs is workin' for Paramount, and the guy who needs rehearsal is workin' for Universal!
- Dot: Thank you, Dr. Seuss.
Written by Earl Kress
Directed by Audu Paden
The Warners find themselves on the ship of their favorite TV show in this Star Trek parody.
- On the ship, there are restrooms for men, women, and Xenomorphs from the Alien franchise.
- When the Warners first meet Captain Kork, a parody Captain Kirk, on the ship's bridge, they reference the plots of actual Star Trek stories: "The City on the Edge of Forever," "Spock's Brain," the three episodes featuring Harry Mudd, and Star Trek IV: The Journey Home.
- Dr. McBones' line "They're in bed, Jim!" is a send-up of Dr. Bones McCoy's recurring line "He's dead, Jim!"
- Yakko points out Ricardo Montalban "and his big plastic chest" when Korn, a parody of the Trek villain Khan, appears on screen. Montalban's costume in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan showed off his toned, 100% real pecs.
- Yakko accidentally sits on a Tribble, a small, furry Star Trek creature, a reference to Kirk sitting on a Tribble in the episode "The Trouble With Tribbles".
- When Captain Kork promises not to sue the Warners, he holds up a tub of "Prom-iss" margarine. William Shatner made commercials for Promise Margarine in the mid-1970s.
Written by Paul Rugg
Directed by Audu Paden
Wakko plays Go Fish with himself, but becomes a sore loser when he accuses himself of cheating.
- At one point, Dot says about Wakko, "I'm worried about the Beaver." This is a reference to the television show, Leave It to Beaver.
- When Yakko sings "It's fun and it's easy, just buy a calculator and you can multiply too." the multiplication is solved completely, even though he had only done the first part. When he starts explaining the second part it's displayed correctly again.
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner, Dr. Scratchansniff, Pinky, Mr. Squadoo|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner, Hello Nurse, Miss Flamiel, Bette Midler, Uhura|
|Maurice LaMarche||The Brain, Captain Kork, Mr. Spork, McBones|
|Frank Welker||Ralph T. Guard, Steven Spielberg, Squaty, Korn|
|Julie Brown||Minerva Mink|
This is Episode #77.
Producing Producer Producing Production
Say that five times fast
Yakko, Wakko and Dot: Auf Wiedersehen!
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 76||Episode 78|