|Animaniacs Episode 82|
|Air date:||February 24, 1996|
|Variable verse:|| Yakko, Wakko and Dot: Pinky and the Brainy...
|Gag credit(s):|| Game Over|
|Closing tag:|| Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Farewell!
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
Animaniacs celebrates its third season finale with a series of musical cartoons.
Theme Song (extended)
An extended version of the theme is seen with an instrumental break and montage of clips from the show.
Wakko's 2-Note Song
- This is the third cartoon to be made in letterbox format, after "I'm Mad", "Variety Speak", and before the 4th segment of this episode.
- This segment features a cameo from the Brain, alone.
To the tune of "Erie Canal", Yakko sings all about riding his ship on the Panama Canal.
- This is the third segment to not feature any spoken dialogue.
Music and lyrics by Randy Rogel
Directed by Audu Paden
- Wakko sings that Hello Nurse has an IQ of 157, but in Wakko's Wish, she says that she has an IQ of 192.
- Wakko sings that he is seven, but that just could be him trying rhyme "heaven."
To the tune of "Git Along, Little Doggies," Yakko and his siblings harmonize about the famous Portuguese explorer, Magellan.
- This is the fourth Animaniacs cartoon made in letterbox.
The Return of the Great Wakkorotti
The Great Wakkorotti comes down with laryngitis and unable to belch, so instead, accompanied by the Animaniacs orchestra (consisting of various recurring characters of the show), he hand farts the "Chinese Dance" from The Nutcracker by Tschaikovsky.
Written by Tom Ruegger
Directed by Jon McClenahan
As the season comes to a close, the Warners hold a big wrap party in the water tower and they sing about who is at the party, with many cameos aplenty.
- This segment was originally titled "The New Year's Party Tonight" and aired as part of The WB's New Year's Eve Bash on December 31, 1995, with the lyrics redubbed accordingly.
- Along with the entire Animaniacs cast, creator Tom Ruegger, writer Paul Rugg, and Freakazoid can be seen waiting in line at the beginning. Henny Youngman's rooster likeness from Tiny Toons can be seen with Slappy. And let's not forget the entire cast of Tiny Toons, especially Buster, Babs and Plucky shaking hands with the Warners.
- Other celebrity cameos include Alan Alda, Sharon Stone, Robert Zemeckis, Whoopi Goldberg, Batman, Mr. Director, Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Marlon Brando (as the Godfather), Bob Hope, William Shatner (as Captain Kirk), Alfred Hitchcock, Dustin Hoffman, Cher, Jay Leno, David Letterman, the Beast (without Beauty), Mel Gibson (sitting next to Dot, of course), Elmer Fudd, James Dean, Gene Siskel, Roger Ebert, Geena Davis, Steven Spielberg, Mr. T., Brendan Fraser, Sylvester the Cat, Tweety Bird, Woody Allen, and Bea Arthur.
- Most of the Animaniacs cast appears in this song
- Ruegger says he based this song off of the Cab Calloway song "Everybody Eats When They Come to My House."
- This is the only time Katie Ka-Boom and Colin appear in a segment other than one of their own (save for Katie's mother, as she is featured in the first half of the segment "I'm Cute", and for Colin, as he was featured in the music video of "Macadamia Nut").
- This is also the fourth segment to not feature any spoken dialogue.
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner, Dr. Scratchansniff, Pinky, Magellan|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner, Hello Nurse|
|Frank Welker||Thaddeus Plotz|
|Maurice LaMarche||Announcer, The Brain, Squit|
This is Episode #82
Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Farewell!
- This is a redubbed version of the "Fla-MEEL!" stinger.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 81||Episode 83|