|Animaniacs Episode 21|
|Air date:||12 Oct. 1993|
|Variable verse:|| Yakko:Eisenhower, Mamie]...
|Gag credit(s):|| Tractor Puller-Kathryn Page
|Closing tag:|| Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Ciao, America!
Each cartoon in this episode has to do with American history.
Yakko: Eisenhower, Mamie...
The Flame watches Thomas Jefferson write the Declaration of Independence.
- First The Flame cartoon.
- This cartoon originally was the last one in this episode and "Four Score..." was the first. They were swapped in subsequent airings for unknown reasons.
Miss Flamiel plays Jeopardy! in her class, and, to the tune of "Turkey in the Straw," Wakko sings the names of all 50 states and their capitals.
- Wakko is only supposed to name the state capitals, but he mentions Washington, D.C. In Jeopardy!, this would have also counted as giving an incorrect response in addition to Wakko's failure to put his response in the form of a question.
- He also mispronounces the capital of South Dakota, which is actually pronounced "Peer" and not "Pee-air".
- The Jeopardy! displays the last A in CAPITALS as an O, as in CAPITOLS.
Written by Deanna Oliver
Directed by Rusty Mills
Chicken Boo poses as the great frontiersman Davy Omelette, a parody of Davy Crocket.
- This segment marks the first appearance of the World's Oldest Woman, who would later be more prominently featured as one of the hosts of Histeria!
The Warners, followed by Ralph, fly on an airplane out of Lincoln's nose on Mount Rushmore.
Four Score and Seven Migranes Ago
The Warners help President Abraham Lincoln write the Gettysburg Address.
- Some of the lines Lincoln comes up with are from speeches by Franklin Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy.
- The Warners suggest to Lincoln parodies of Julius Caesar's speech, the opening of The Twilight Zone and the theme song of Tiny Toon Adventures.
- This was originally aired as the first cartoon of this episode, but was swapped with "The Flame" in subsequent airings and on the DVD for unknown reasons.
- The song that the Warners sing to Lincoln, "Lincoln, Lincoln, we've been thinkin'" is set to the tune of "Reuben, Reuben".
- Yakko's speech is an impression of Jimmy Stewart in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner, Thomas Jefferson, Pioneer|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner, Pioneer|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner, Miss Flamiel, World's Oldest Woman, Pioneer|
|Frank Welker||Chicken Boo, Chicken Boo's Companion, Bear, Narrator|
|Peter Renaday||Abe Lincoln|
|Luke Ruegger||The Flame|
Kathryn Page's Credit
Yakko, Wakko & Dot: Ciao, America!
- This is a redubbed version of the "Cowabunga!" stinger.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 20||Episode 22|