|Animaniacs Episode 72|
|Air date:||9 Sep. 1995|
|Variable verse:|| Dot: No pain, no gainy...
|Gag credit(s):|| This is Episode #72|
Be The First Kid On Your Block To Actually Watch The WB!
|Closing tag:|| Yakko, Wakko & Dot: ¡Buenos noches!
|List of Animaniacs Episodes|
This is the first episode to air on Kids WB!.
Previously on Animaniacs
Animaniacs does a parody of the recaps shown at the beginning of live-action serials.
- One scene has Wakko in a parody of the poster for the movie The Graduate.
The Warners pester Sherlock Holmes and Watson into joining their scavenger hunt.
- Among the items on the Warners' scavenger hunt list are:
- Princess Di in a leotard: A reference an incident where members of the paparazzi discreetly photographed Diana, Princess of Wales in a health club wearing a leotard, for which they were successfully sued.
- Prince Charles in a tabloid: A reference to the media frenzy surrounding his and Princess Diana's divorce.
- A funny episode of "Bonkers": A jab at the Disney Afternoon show.
- A happy postal worker: A reference to a series of well-publicized shootings by disgruntled postal workers, which inspired the phrase "Going postal".
- A lock of Yul Brynner's hair: Brynner was an actor best known for appearing in the films The King and I and The Ten Commandments, the joke being that he's bald.
- Burt Ward's career: Ward is best known for playing Robin in the original 1960s Batman TV series.
- Batteries: Wakko pulls out Energizer's bunny mascot out of the bag.
- The Lusitania: A British ocean liner that was sunk by German U-boats in 1915, killing 128 American passengers, and the incident was a major factor in rallying the United States to enter World War I.
Rest in Pieces
- This cartoon marks the first time Nathan Ruegger's deepening voice was pitch-shifted upward to keep Skippy's voice consistently high.
- Twice in this cartoon, Slappy and Skippy poke fun at the Disney Afternoon show Bonkers, which is interesting because Yakko also said Bonkers wasn't funny in the previous cartoon, "Deduces Wild".
- The Warners do a cameo appearance as the funeral ushers before being chased off by Ralph.
Lyrics by John McCann
Directed by Audu Paden
The Warners sing all about the United Nations to the tune of "Down by the Riverside".
- This is the second segmet to not feature any spoken dialogue, the first since Yakko's Universe.
|Rob Paulsen||Yakko Warner, Dr. Scratchansniff, Prof. Mariachi|
|Jess Harnell||Wakko Warner, Walter Wolf|
|Tress MacNeille||Dot Warner, Mary Hartless|
|Sherri Stoner||Slappy Squirrel|
|Nathan Ruegger||Skippy Squirrel|
|Frank Welker||Thaddeus Plotz, Babe Ruth|
|Jeff Glen Bennett||Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson|
|Jack Burns||Sid the Squid|
|Avery Schreiber||Beanie the Brain-Dead Bison|
Yakko, Wakko & Dot: ¡Buenos noches!
- This stinger is a redubbed version of the "Ciao, America!" stinger.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Episode 71||Episode 73|